Monday 1 August 2011

MBA - Day 20

Day 20 – Sunday 12th June 2011

Breakfast consisted of a nice big fry up: 4 rashers of bacon, 4 eggs, 4 pieces of fried bread and a fried tomato. Absolutely gorgeous! Staying with people makes a nice, welcome change to camping by myself. I could get some washing done, the bike is safe and I can relax and enjoy being looked after.


Not a lot happened today. I had breakfast, caught up on diary entries (yes, I’d fallen behind...), we had lunch and then took a siesta. After siesta, we planned to go to the village where Nassos grew up – Kallithea – since they have a house there.


Carolyn was cooking some beans to take with us and left a few for George’s dinner. Nassos saw them in the fridge and said, “No, no, no. These are my favourite, I’ll have them now!” So it was that we ate George’s dinner (although Carolyn left some more for him), I found that black-eyed beans and olive oil with a sprinkling of lemon juice is actually rather nice, and we got to Kallithea a bit later than planned.


But it was worth it. We got to Kallithea as the sun was setting, making the fantastic view even better. Carolyn and I took a stroll into the village to get some supplies, getting back to find Nassos comfortably tucked into the bag of oranges and apricots.


Although I hadn’t planned to cycle through Kallithea (I intended to go along the more major road through Olympia, further north), we found a bike rack that Elene uses, I hooked it up to the car (something which I’d never actually done before, but I knew the principle behind it...) and it would make tomorrow’s cycling easier as Kallithea is at an altitude of 400 metres. I’m not complaining!


Stats


Mileage = 0 miles


Total mileage since start = 859.0

No comments:

Post a Comment